Thursday, May 13, 2010

a good day ....

Yesterday was not a good day. For various reasons which I'm actually NOT going to blog about. I felt sad most of the day, had a good cry, got a nasty headache, felt drained, and still had to teach that night. BUT, small acts of kindness go a long way to make me feel better. A friend handed me a truffle and said "chocolate always makes us feel better." How right she is!!! Then later, she handed me a beautiful flower ..... I LOVE flowers in my kitchen and this was the perfect touch. Then later, as I got in the van to drive to teach, I saw a note on the dashboard that said " I love you --- no matter what colour you may feel ....blue, green, yellow ...." and with it a little box of my favourite chocolates - Lindt!! Now an explanation behind that ..... I had posted on facebook "is feeling blue today". One friend wrote back "it's better than being green!". :-) I taught my class, had a wonderful chat with my midwife-friend Rachel, and dragged myself home to bed.

Today, dawned gloriously sunny and warm. Right away I felt better. Sun can do so much for a blah soul! I did groceries with my chatty, wonderful Ethan, then got home, had his little friend Lydia come over, then bombed over to Michelle's for a haircut - (thanks!!! A cut sure makes you feel good!), then sat in the sun reading my book in between some housework ......made a new recipe for dinner that everyone LOVED, felt good about putting dinner # 2 in the freezer for June, walked with the family over to 7-11 for slushies for an after dinner treat, came home ...finished a few things - got the two youngest to bed, and then went for a 25 minute walk with just my hubby. Ah. Feels great. Thankful for small mercies.

I have to teach all weekend and will miss the sunny Saturday - watching kids playing soccer. But I choose to look at the bright side ...I get to spend a weekend teaching a new group about the wonders of birth. I get to see light-bulb moments for moms as they "get" that they have the inner wisdom to cope with labour knowing the right tools. I get to help couples see the importance of being informed and how to make informed decisions throughout their labour and birth experience. I like that. Oh - and getting paid isn't so shabby either.

In just over 2 weeks I start my new job. I'm very excited to get started, and get into the groove of things. I plan on having at least 9 meals in the freezer this month for June. I've never done this before, but it sure does make sense to cook double or triple whatever you're cooking at the time! I hope that I'm able to pick everything up quickly and that we all adjust to a new routine - especially considering that it's a busy month! The lady that I'm job-sharing with, will train me for three days which I'm so thankful for. Please pray that I will be clear-headed, organized and calm during the transition of a new job!!

In the meantime ....life goes on! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Glad today is a better day. I often make freezer meals too and I do it mostly because I seem to be up a lot during the night with sickies. Doesn't take much extra work to make 3 meals at a time rather than one since all the ingredients are out anyways. I find the challenge is to sit and plan menus and then grocery shop. Blech. Two weeks already only til you start!! That came fast! Hope all goes well! I need to find some Lindt chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great is thy Faithfulness,
    Morning by morning,
    New Mercies I see"
    I love that verse from Lamentations!!
    A blessing that the next day was better - take care in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete