I've been reading through my xanga birth posts because a reader wanted the links to send to a sister in law who is pregnant with her first baby. While doing so, I came across a blog I did in 2008 concerning statistics regarding birth interventions. Just the other day, I sent in another request to the Provincial Perinatal Database Registry, asking for their most recent stats again. On my desk I have stats from 2005-2006, and thought I would do a comparison blog, because the results actually surprised me! See how some rates have come down!!! I'm only hoping that when I receive the reports I've requested, that the rates have come down even further. (the hospitals in blue have rates that went down, the hospitals in red have rates that went up)
Cesarean section rates:
Langley hospital: 2005-2006 28.35%
2006-2007 25.5% WOW!!
Surrey hospital: 2005-2006 33.21%
2006-07 31.4%
Peace Arch: 05-06 33.28%
06-07 32.8%
Chilliwack: 05-06 25.84%
06-07 27.5 % - ouch - up.
Abbotsford: 05-06 28.44%
06-07 23.8 % --- the BEST result.
Induction rates:
LMH 05-06 20.83%
06-07 20.2%
SMH 05-06 24.67%
06-07 23.3%
PAH 05-06 22.97%
06-07 18.8%
CGH 05-06 24.37%
06-07 20.3 %
Abby 05-06 20.71%
06-07 22.3 %
I thought this was interesting .....but then I like stats. So I find it interesting! :-) I'm eagerly waiting to get the more recent stats soon, and when I do I shall share them!
No comments:
Post a Comment