It's been awhile since I've posted. The problem I think is that there has been alot going on, each worthy of a post, but I haven't really had much time to blog! So as I sit here this Monday evening, a random post is the best I can come up with.
I hate PMS. Do you have PMS symptoms? I never really suffered from it much until recently - probably the last couple years? The hormones!! Yuck. Yesterday I was feeling pretty emotional ...teared up in church several times for no apparent reason. Yikes. I was just feeling down -- for no apparent reason. AT least nothing that I could put my finger on! So there we are singing Psalm 84, one of my favourite psalms, and I can't sing it. Sigh. And then if you're feeling down, doesn't everything seem worse? Sigh. I'm better today though. Ya, you guessed it. :-)
We went swimming with the kids tonight. Alanna and Braden are taking swim lessons right now at the Masqui Rec Ctr in Abbotsford. Both are in Level 7. I's Alanna's second time, and Braden's first. They're both doing well. But I fear that Braden will pass, and Alanna won't. Alanna cannot dive. She simply can't. Both Martin and I worked with her tonight - probably a total of 30 minutes. But she just ....falls in. :-) She tries so hard!! Any ideas on how she can be taught to dive? I'd hate for Braden to climb ahead. She's really struggling with her talents right now. She's comparing herself to friends and brother and having a hard time keeping her chin up. Being a teen can be such a hard time!
It's a four day work week for me. I still don't like being a working mom. I do like my job though! :-) And that helps. Now that we're half way through summer, I think the kids - especially the two oldest, are really feeling my absence during the day. I sometimes hear "you're working today again" or "you won't be home until dinner again?". I'm really hoping that come school time, that it won't be so obvious!!
I had a meeting with 2 out of the 3 midwives last Wednesday - I wanted feedback on how I'm doing in my role as MOA. It was a very positive lunch! They were very impressed with my work, and commented that my friendly attitude was a huge bonus and that several clients had mentioned it as well. They had nothing critical to say either which was wonderful! Even while there is much in transition, they are happy with my work. Transition you say? Well, they're attempting to go paperless. So, it's requiring alot of scanning and making electronic charts. I'm definitely on a learning curve!
On the holiday Monday we spent the day with "my" family - siblings and parents, to celebrate having Mom and Dad back from their 3 month trip cross-Canada! We went to the Zoo here in Aldergove and then had a BBQ at Dave and Leona's. It's at times like that that I really miss my other two siblings! Wishing we were all in the same area!
So, ya, the zoo was good. The last time we'd been there was years ago. So it was good to be back. And that's actually the "first" outing we've done this summer. We hope to go to Cultus Lake waterslides next week Monday, for our second outing. Sure, we've done Aldergrove lake. But that's it. Maybe that's what had me down this weekend. No holiday time. I know why we're not - and it's a good reason - but it still is disappointing to not be able to jet off for a week or two for nothing but rest and relaxation. I truly hope that next summer we can actually go away somewhere --!
Martin has been working super hard too. Re-doing some curriculum stuff for the Law 12 course, working on 4 new websites, and getting his book published. Yes, his book is almost ready to be published! His book got chosen for Editor's Choice award, so that was pretty awesome news. The book has been edited. It's in publication right now. We're cautiously hopeful for the next month or two! I'll keep you posted.
On Sunday, there was a note for us taped to the Infant nursery in Langley church. Wilma M first mentioned it to me ...so I went to the nursery (which of course, I don't usually go to!) and sure enough, Pearl H pointed out the note to me. It was a white enevlope with the words "Mr M Vanwoudenberg. Could someone from Aldergrove church please make sure this gets to Martin or Nicole. - type written. Inside it was a note - typewritten "Thank you for teaching our child. Thank you for teaching at CCHS". And included was a monetary gift. That totally took him (and me!) by surprise!! What a thoughtful gesture!! But very difficult to say thankyou when it's completely anonymous.
So ....if you know something about it, or sent it ........ THANK YOU! :-)
Anyways - that's about it for now. Hopefully next post isn't so random!!
Thanks for reading. Have a good one!
very sweet gift. im glad you like your job but can totally get how overwhelming it must get.
ReplyDeleteHow encouraging to know you're not only keeping your head above the water at your job, but you're excelling! Good for you. :)
ReplyDeleteAbout the diving - unless she REALLY wants to learn it, I wouldn't sweat it. I love swimming but I'm not lifeguard material, neither are some of our children. Swimming is a great skill to learn but once the basics are down pat - just go with their talents. Not worth the stress.
ReplyDeleteJust my humble opinion :).
I was going to say what Gloria did! :o)
ReplyDeleteAlyssa got up to level five or so, but didn't want to go back to lessons this year. That was okay with us. She knows how to float, swim, and stay alive in the water, which was our goal. If Alanna doesn't want to go back for lessons, don't force her. She knows what to do in the water, and diving is highly overrated anyways... ;o)
And congratulations on the gift! It is nice to know your hard work is appreciated!