I really do not like spiders. Now, I know they are God's creatures. But I really don't like them. Some people don't like dogs, and some people don't like snakes ... I don't like spiders. Maybe that's because we have ALOT of them in this house. We have alot of the "smallbody-longlegs" type spiders. They don't freak me out too much. But wolf spiders. Now there's something I really really don't like. We don't see too many of them, but when I do ....... eeeewwwwwww.
So, last night, I crawled into bed. (getting the willies yet??)
I'm all snuggled up under the covers reading my book.
Martin comes to bed, and is busy taking some clean clothes off the bed to put away.
When he stops.
He looks at me with a serious expression and says "DON'T MOVE".
Who me?? I'm curious. So I start to lift my head off the pillow.
"DO NOT MOVE!!!".
He leans over me to grab some kleenexes, moves the end of the bed and I can feel him grab something.
SO I sit up with alarm and say "what was that????"
"THAT was a wolf spider".
Even as I write this I have the heebie-jeebies all over!!!!
It had crawled out from under one of his shirts when he moved it ...and those wolf spiders can MOVE. It was crawling on top of the comforter, moving up my LEG in the direction of ME. Get what I mean? Martin felt that if I moved my leg or whatever, that spider would have likely moved faster towards me.
So now I'm feeling pretty freaked. A wolf spider on my bed. I HATE spiders in my room let alone on my bed!!!! Not to mention one night WAY back when we first moved in, that a spider crawled out from under my pillow. So, I've already got an aversion to all 8 legged crawlies in my room.
Wait. It gets better.
I'm laying there, heart beating fast, wondering if there are any more. Martin waxes eloquent about wolf spiders being territorial, so there shouldn't be any more. (not until tomorrow night he says) I could've throttled him!!!
While I'm laying there feeling a bit yucky, trying to relax and start reading my book again to get my mind off spiders, what does my loving wonderful husband do???
Without warning, he YANKS the comforter off the bed to pull it back!!!!! I FREAKED!!!!! He says " just checking for more spiders". And goes off laughing. Seriously, he laughed for at least 10 minutes. Oh. my. I could've throttled him.
Surprisingly, I slept well.
Hahaha, that's a funny story! I don't like spiders either, but frogs are worse for me.. nothing creeps me out more!
ReplyDeletelol, that is a funny story!!!! I dont know how you managed to sleep either!!!
ReplyDeletemichelle dehaas
AHHHH freaky. I would not have been sleeping untl the whole room was searched.
ReplyDeleteugh! this story gave me the heebie jeebies! just this morning there was a huge spider under the clean clothes and I just stood there screaming for dave to "kill it! kill it! kill it!!!"
ReplyDeleteThe thing that makes me freak out is when he grabs just a tissue! gross!!!
i'm so with you on the whole spider thing....can do without!
My neice Sarah picks spiders up WITHOUT a kleenex. She is a very, very brave young lady!
ReplyDeleteWhen we lived in my parent's basement, we lived with wolf spiders that, according to my BIL, were "big enough to saddle up and ride"! I feel your pain ;)
Sorry, I laugh at your expense - that was a good one. I'm so with you! I've encountered about 4 wolf spiders in the last week in our house and they totally freak me out - Steve thinks I'm a crazy lady when I scream in horror from them. I pray that this will be the last of them
ReplyDeleteThat is NOT funny Nicole! I feel your pain. Funny thing is I am reading this post just MOMENTS after encountering a HUUUUGE spider (don't think it was a wolf spider though) that just crawled RIGHT past Kenzie on the floor. EEEEEWWWWW!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynette. I agree. I didn't think it was funny either. I told Martin there were two couches he could sleep on. :-)
ReplyDeleteHAHA! That's funny! ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm kind of laughing along with Martin. If it helps you at all, Wolf Spider bites from the ones in Canada are not in the least dangerous, and would likely hurt a lot less than a bee sting. The venom is not serious unless you are a millipede or other insect. In fact, Martin was in much greater danger than you, as they generally only bite defensively, i.e. when you try to grab them with a Kleenex. If you come to visit us or the Feunekes we could show you some REAL spiders - Rain spiders, black widows, baboon spiders. Sweet!
ReplyDelete