Thursday, July 8, 2010

Random Post 3 (I think?)

So, time for another random post.

I'm wondering where all my readers are. I posted a birth story just before this and only 1 person commented. Unusual! I'm thinking holidays are to blame for this?

Alanna is at Stepping Stones this week ...and I have to say, I really miss her. As she gets older (she's just a couple months away from turning 14!!!), I find that we connect better. When I hit age 14-16, I don't remember having great times with my Mom. I remember more backtalking, door slamming and mouthiness. I hope that Alanna and I can have a better relationship! Now, of course, my Mom is one of my bestfriends. And I miss her too. She's been traveling around Canada since the end of April. Looking forward to seeing them both again soon! Alanna comes home Saturday and my parents, well, not until the end of July/beginning of August.

Martin is playing the "stay at home" Dad for the summer. What a blessing! As much as I still don't like seeing myself as a working mom (it's a work in progress!), I am very thankful that Martin can be home with the kids, and do things with them that I have done in the past during summer. Like swimmming lessons. :-) Coffee social with a bunch of Aldergrove moms? hee hee. And like Aldergrove Lake. So, today, I'm at work. And Martin sends me a picture. Of Aldergrove Lake at 10:30 a.m.. Kids in the water. Not busy at all. Sigh. That sure looked nice! (midwife Jan said that was pretty nasty of him to do that)

Danielle and Ethan are taking swimming lessons right now ....Danielle's in SK 5 and Ethan is in the fourth level of preschool. (he should have gone into SK 1 I think). They're both enjoying it immensely. Glad for the opportunity!

Work is going well. I'm really enjoying working for Jan, Rachel and Tina. They are FABULOUS midwives. (pregnant? Call GROVE MIDWIFERY CARE at 604 882 0033!!!! As their MOA, I have clout to get you in. :-) There's still a few things that I'm still not 100% sure of, but I think for the most part, I have picked it all up and know what I'm doing. Except today. Jan decided that the office should use Microsoft Outlook for email, instead of gmail. So, I had to learn Outlook. You're thinking -- "so what? we love outlook!". Well, here's the thing. Martin hates outlook. Therefore, I've been "trained" to hate outlook too. Jan keeps telling me "be open to it - be open to it"! :-) I'm learning. I think I can learn to like it. I DON'T like not being able to access the grove email from home anymore.

I'm still teaching prenatal classes. Busy. Doing two classes this summer - one on Wednesday nights (Heart and Hands) and one on Thursday nights (Douglas). I think it'll prove to be too much. But the summertime is the best time to do that, because in the Fall it would be ridiculous to do that. So I'll plug through, and ask for relief for a few classes when I need it. Sound like a plan?

It's 11:51 pm ...... I don't have to get up early tomorrow. It's a day off! So here I sit typing.

HOT HOT HOT weather. LOVE it. Don't love that I was low on things to wear. So, having just been paid, I headed to Willowbrook Mall tonight in search of a couple pairs of shorts and a couple tank tops. I HATE shopping. I have a few too many pounds around my middle section and it makes clothes shopping MISERABLE. In the past I have found Ricki's to be a great shop for me. But it's not cheap. So, once again, I looked through other stores first. IF, Suzy Shier, Zellers, Reitmans. Yes, I did find a couple cheap on sale tanks at Reitman's. But everything else? No go. Finally, at 8:30 --- 30 minutes before the mall closes, I go to Ricki's. And what do I find? 2 pairs of shorts, and a cute top. Yes, more expensive. But they FIT. What is with pants that have too many closures?? (small bladder + too many closures = trouble). And what is with pants and shorts that when closed in the front, leave a wide GAPE in the back?? Blah. But I did find a few things that will do. And don't get me started on the clothing selection and how they fit at WalMart. Stupid store. I think the last half dozen times I've tried clothing on there it's been a total waste of time. Bulges.

LIPO SUCTION. SHOULD. BE. COVERED. BY. MSP. SERIOUSLY. Sigh.
How am I supposed to lose weight (like 30 lbs) when I really don't have time to exercise? Double sigh. I think I'll have a cheeseburger.

Who'd want to run with the bulls in Spain? (just saw it on TV) Ridiculous. Strange way to ..... pass the time? prove your man-hood? get your death wish? get a rush/high? Whatever.

Anyways - it is now 12 AM --- I really should go to bed. Thanks for reading!

13 comments:

  1. Outlook can be your friend and like everything else, it's a change. Before long you wno't even think about it.
    I did read your breech birthing story, didn't comment. Didn't know what to say ... sounded pretty amazing.

    I'm with you on the clothes shopping. I have found that Northern Reflections isn't too bad and their clothes and cost more but you can earn money on your club card and use it to pay off future purchases.

    You sound like you need a hug.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love reading about what is going on down there! You are encouraging me to embrace Firefox....now I'll encourage you to embrace Outlook...it isn't all that bad :-)

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that random post. lol Im here catching up on your blog. I have to agree shopping sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - thanks for posting gals!!! Love it when I hear someone's stopped by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on clothes shopping - twice a year is good for me, if that. What's my problem? High waist and long legs. Only a few places sell pants for 36inches. I HATE short pants - looks dorky. So glad it's summer - capris are awesome:). Enjoy your days off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you on the ms outlook. Created a message once, but couldn't find the "send" button. How dumb is that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. great total random post! Haven't read the birth story yet - will do maybe later when the kids are in bed ... yes, due to holidays I haven't been around. Clothes shopping can be challenging - I like Reitmans' pants the comfort fit ones. Ricki's is great for the 'small' sizes ... their numbers seem to be smaller then any other store - why don't most stores do that? It would make us buy more if the sizes showed up a few digits smaller!
    Running with the bulls? Dumb. I like the tomato fight that they do in Spain (I think it's there) that looks like more fun!
    Hope that you survive without Alanna and that the kids have fun in swimming lessons!
    Work ... it's neat that you have a job that you enjoy - even if you don't enjoy leaving the family all the time. Hope it gets easier for you - can't help, I'm totally computer illiterate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read too, Nicole, just not every day and I don't always comment... :o)
    I actually don't mind clothes shopping, truthfully! It's kinda fun, although sometimes I have a hard time finding styles that suit me.
    OK people, stop throwing things at me now... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by Chris!!!
    And yes, I'm throwing things at you .... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEYYYYYYY!!!!! It's YOU!!! :D I saw there was a new follower for our blog Mothers of Change, so I checked out your blog in return, and jeepers, I KNOW YOU! Sorta. Met once, emailed lots, both know tania grim! Crazy funny small world
    :)
    Now I'm freaking out that maybe I made the wrong decision going with Cathy instead of Grove. That was such a HARD DECISION!!! It was the naturopathic thing that tipped the scales. My hair is falling out in handfuls and has been since Christmas, but my doctor (ran some tests and then) said, "Some women who are still breastfeeding lose their hair like that." [[shrug]] If it weren't so darn hard to find a doc I'd up and leave her...
    I've been loathe to cold call naturopaths and Cathy doesn't take new clients EVER. But if I can get my foot in the door as a midwifery client, maybe I won't be bald and ugly by next Christmas; here's hoping!!
    But when I meet her next week, if I don't like her at all I'll call you back and hope you can work some magic for me.
    :D
    Lovin your blog. And I want to take prenatal classes this time, what do you recommend? I'm thinking my HUBBY needs something since last time he fell asleep during my labour. Three cheers for him. NOT. Plus, he kinda got pushed aside. He had no clue what to do and no one encouraged him to do anything. The classes are mostly for him, but I won't tell him that. I wasn't sure: hypnobirthing or heart and hands? Would D College be appropriate for a 4th time mom who's a Doula?

    I'm not sure if you saw the link to my personal blog in my email signature: in case not, you can visit at www.vosefamily.blogspot.com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Melissa!!!! Thanks for stopping in! So sad that you won't be with Grove ...here's hoping that you do love Cathy, because at last look, we took 2 more clients for March, and now we're full!

    Re prenatal classes -- check out our Heart and Hands website at www.hhperinatal.com You may want to consider the weekend option since this is not your first baby. Douglas college series is okay, but I prefer H+H! haha.
    Hypnobirthing is very interesting I think. Completely different than Lamaze. I think the two could go hand in hand actually. Lamaze focuses on lots of the "how to" and "why" of labour - including lots of info about informed decision making. Hypnobirthing is a method, not just a philosophy. I really believe they complement each other well.
    Okay - off to visit your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey thanks! I'll check out heart and hands for sure.

    My EDD is March 2nd, and my last baby (first vaginal birth) was 3 days early. So I'm guessing this time I'll actually give birth in February. Is there room in February? :D

    It's okay anyways, I'm sure Cathy will be fine. My previous midwife highly recommended her and I have a friend who is a former 3 x client who said, "If you have Cathy, you won't even NEED a doula."

    Yes, Grove was one of the 'reluctant' HBACs, because when I saw Janess, she said, "The Grove midwives don't do VBACs at home, but they might make an exception, since your pelvis has been proven to 10 lbs."
    Yikes.
    A. I don't like the idea of having to prove anything to anyone, and
    B. That's reluctant! Though it seems it was misinformation, which makes me angry. It caused me a lot of stress! If she had given me accurate information I likely would have stopped my search there. Oh well! Maybe God wants me with Cathy!!
    :)
    And thanks for visiting my blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ya, that's too bad about the misinformation at that time. Cathy's good though. And yes, it is nice to have a naturopath and midwife in one! My most recent doula client had Cathy for three babies too. (her birth story is on the blog here).

    ReplyDelete