Well, here I sit on Monday evening, feeling the need to blog, but with nothing specific in mind this time.
First, I am thrilled with the response I've received regarding the perinatal support group. I need to find time to really go over the binders Frieda let me borrow, and then connect with her again. I really want to get this off the ground for October, so I need to bust my butt and get this going. Watch for some info in Church News! And here of course ..... :-)
I met with a lovely repeat client tonight. Two years ago I was with them for the birth of their son A. And they've asked me to be there again for the birth of their second child. I am thrilled and honoured to be asked back! She's due in September, so I'm hoping that as in the past, all things will work out timing wise. God has been very good in that regard - it's always worked out nicely. Bonus this time is that she's a client of my midwives. Yes, I affectionately refer to the midwives I work for as "my midwives". :-) So the timing will just have to work out! Very grateful for "job sharing", so that if I'm at the birth, I know there's another MOA to take my place if necessary!
But first there's James and Michelle's baby's birth coming first. She's fullterm now, so I'm officially on-call for them. So incredibly excited to meet my new niece or nephew! Yesterday, I was watching Leona and Dave's little girl Kaitlyn and thinking that she's not a baby anymore. At all. It will be so wonderful to have a baby in the family again. My youngest brother is having a baby ...incredible. I am so honoured and excited to be asked to be with them too. Totally awesome. Birth is such a miracle. Ever witnessed a baby being born? There is nothing like it.
Craig's birthday is coming up this week. For those of you not familiar with who Craig is .... Craig would have turned 3 on the 30th July. But the Lord called him home at the tender age of 2 last November 14, 2009. He died in a drowning accident. Craig is the son of our very close friends Jerome and Andria. And so alot of the happiness and excitement I feel right now for births is tempered by the reality that for our friends, this is not an easy time. Rather, it is terribly difficult. And what makes it harder is that they live in South Africa. So I can't just pop by on Friday for a cup of tea and a chat. I can't just sit with her and help her feel supported. Please keep this family in your prayers! They desparately need to feel God's nearness and presence as they approach July 30.
On my way home tonight, I was listening to a bit of Chuck Swindoll. He was talking about how the creation is groaning, and waiting for glory. Many of us have difficulties - physical or otherwise. Our hope is in the Lord - literally! One day Jesus Christ will return on the clouds of Heaven ....what an awesome day that will be! All our hope will be fulfilled. We hope now for things we don't have/see. That's what hope is. And on that great and glorious day, all hope will be fulfilled. What an awesome thought! I couldn't help but think of my friends who suffer with agonizing loss .... while it doesn't take the pain away, it does help us cope. If we didn't have the hope of the resurrection, where would we be? If you're reading this and you don't know the hope of the LORD Jesus Christ ... please ask me!
On some more "home" based info:
I had a day off today, and used the morning for groceries and errands ... picked up 10 lbs of blueberries for the freezer. I'm thinking I'll have to get another 10 lbs at a later date!! And then in the afternoon I took the kids to Aldergrove Lake to just hang out. Sun tan. Swim. Eat. Read. Ah bliss!!
But here's the best part ..... Alanna made dinner tonight!! I knew it was going to be tight with doing errands and trying to get to the beach, plus having dinner on time. so, I left the "ski dinner" recipe for Alanna and went over the directions with her. I asked her to make the casserole before I got home, so that later all we had to do was pop it in the oven. And she did. Apparently she got a bit of help from Martin, but she did most of it! I'm so proud of her. And STOKED that she can cook a meal!! Yahoo!!
Braden and Danielle enjoyed their week at Stepping Stones last week. Very thankful for some financial assistance to allow them to experience it this summer. I was a bit disapointed that neither of them seemed to really take away alot Biblically speaking. When asked what they learned Braden's response was " I learned that life is a journey. " Ya think? that was the theme!! :-) I guess I can just trust that what they learned stayed with them some way, and that the Holy Spirit will continue to work in their hearts.
Martin will be seeing a naturopath this week Thursday. With regards to Martin's headaches, which have been plaguing him for 9.5 years, 24/7, we have reached the end of conventional medicine routes. Yes, we've tried everything. Surgery, different pain meds, chiropractors, neurologists ........and even other alternative therapies like acupuncture and EFT. So, after doing some research and talking to others, Martin made an appt at http://www.anewleafnaturopathic.com/about.php ..... I'm hoping that the ND he sees will be able to start from square one with fresh eyes, and perhaps look at things that others have missed. I really wonder about the possibility of something gastrointestinal that could be wrong .... perhaps Celiacs? I don't know ...I'm not a doctor. But I wonder. So we're very much hoping that something will work, and that it won't be wasted time and money. Could we ask you to pray for a positive outcome here too? Many people underestimate the stress and pain Martin feels. He doesn't SHOW it necessarily. He doesn't complain. Even I forget that he suffers every minute of every day with a headache that NEVER goes away. People in our life often ask me "does he still have headaches?". Yes, he still has headaches. This is a real burden, and a very difficult thing to deal with. Martin has given up praying for healing .....but I haven't. And I hope that God will work some miracle through the hands of a naturopathic doctor. Your prayers in this regards are coveted.
Well, morning comes early. Should get to bed! Thanks for reading!
I'm happy to hear that you've had a great response for the perinatal support group, I'm disappointed that I won't have an opportunity to join.. but I wish you all the best with getting it started in October!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Alanna for making dinner by herself, she'll be pro in no time! :-)
I will definitely keep my Uncle Jerome and Aunt Andria in my prayers this week as they approach Craig's 3rd birthday. I think of and pray for them often... I will also pray for Martin, that the ND will find something that will bring him relief of his headaches. What a challenge that would be do cope with headaches day after day! Thanks for the update, I enjoy reading your blog posts!
Hi Nicole: I hear what you have written about Martin's continuing battle with headaches. If one is in a wheelchair or battling some other obvious physical handicap, people 'understand' that life is a difficult journey. In Martin's situation (and others who experience much the same), it is easy to forget that life can be extremely challenging. But, isn't it amazing how God gives the grace each day to carry on? We will be praying for Martin.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cecile
Has Martin been tested recently for allergies? Yes, my wheat problems give me headaches, but some of my food allergies give me them also -- especially MSG!!! Nasty, nasty headaches.... but definitely celiacs is something to look into, but there are usually other symptoms involved with that as well. Message me if you need to know anything!
ReplyDeleteRandom posts can be tear-provoking!! Recently, I was struck by the principle that we have already begun our eternal life. I remember learning this before but this time when I studied it - it hit me so hard and it was so real. What a blessed comfort!! I say that in regards to your thoughts about your friends and their loss. Many, many prayers for them.
ReplyDeleteConnected to that...about Martin - that made me cry too. Growing up - I always saw my Mom in chronic pain - and she felt very misunderstood. Difference is Martin keeps going and that's important. As the saying goes...
Fumble all you want as long as you Function. Keep up the good fight of faith!! Cecile said it very well - God gives us grace every day - Praise Him for that!!