Well, that seems to be all I have time for lately. Random posts. A little bit of this, and a little bit of that ....... :-)
I'm tired, so this won't be long. Am teaching a series for Heart and Hands on Wednesday nights right now ....going well, but it's stressful. You see, we use the Langley Christian high school. And right now it's summer. Which means no one is there. Sounds nice, except that I have to disarm and arm the place. Now, I hate alarms. I don't get along with them much. I've set one too many off, and now each time I have to disarm a building, my heart rate increases, my blood pressure rises and I can't breathe. What bugs me is that the buttons don't push nicely ... you have to really dig your thumb in to make sure that the first of the 4 digit code actually gets pushed in properly! And of course, there's this incessant "beep beep beep beep beep beep ..." that makes it very difficult to hear if the first button you're pushing actually is properly pushed in!! Because if I DON'T properly push it in, and I carry on with the code, and only 3 numbers get pushed in, it won't disarm. Rather - it will alarm. UGH. And if I think I didn't push it properly, and push it again ..... it will have the same effect. And then the alarm company calls, and I have to find a quiet spot to let them know that I'm truly allowed there. Etc etc. Even writing this makes my heart beat faster! SO .......WHY CAN'T THEY MAKE AN ALARM PAD WITH EASY TOUCH BUTTONS LIKE A TELEPHONE???? It wouldn't be difficult in my humble opinion.
But anyways - I managed last week and tonight to properly disarm it, and later to arm it. 2 down, 4 to go. Oh, the teaching is great. 4 times to go to deal with the bleepin' code! :-) Maybe I'll get Anne to teach one class for me ..... 3 to go?
And then I teach a Douglas series starting tomorrow night. Hopefully it's a good class - an energetic, fun class. Because Thursdays will be my "gone from the house from 8 am - 9:30 pm" day --and it helps to have an interesting class to look forward to!! Unfortunately for this class, they won't have me for 6 classes. I don't mean that in a pompous puffed up way. It's not nice when a class has to have 2 different instructors during the 6 week course. It's better continuity to have 1. However, in order to keep my sanity, and to have some nights off with the family, I've decided to ask another instructor (or possibly 2?) to take 2 out of the 6 classes for me. Possibly classes 3 and 5. We'll see.
Swimming lessons are almost done for the kids. I know that Ethan has already passed since his instructor told me so today. :-) Danielle I don't know about ...we'll get the little slip tomorrow. Or rather, Martin will. I have a feeling she doesn't quite have the endurance for level 5 and will likely have to repeat it. That's okay. That would be the first level for her to repeat.
We are having a garage sale on Saturday! Spread the word! Getting rid of lots of kids toys .....trains and tracks, duplo, fisher price, some cars/trucks, ponies ....and some household stuff, plus a stroller, carseat, booster seat, table booster seats ....winter jackets .....stereo, a table ........yup. STUFF. Come out! The kids will have a lemonade and cookie table too. Our goal is to earn enough $$ to be able to enjoy the Cultus Lake waterslides this year.
I posted an article on facebook today about weaning babies from bottles earlier than a year to avoid some problems later on. I thought it was a fairly written article, but someone thought it could be seen as judgmental. I can see that, but I also balk against that. :-) (hey you know me, right?). I'm all for informed choices. I also don't believe that anyone can make you feel judged or guilty. I believe quite strongly that only YOU are responsible for making yourself feel judged or guilty. I've received much flak in the past for articles I've posted ...whether it be about breastfeeding or formula feeding or bed sharing or co-sleeping or you name it. Many times I share an article because I like to share the information provided ---- even if I don't always 100% agree with it.
And you know what? You don't have to agree with it either. As with all information you receive --- whether it be by me on facebook, or through a magazine or website, or from your doctor or midwife, or from a friend or your grandma ..... take what works for you and toss the rest. :-) But make sure that whatever decision you make is informed. And then go with it. Don't let other people or other words make you feel anything. :-)
You are the best judge of what you need to do for yourself, your family and/or your baby. HEART your decision! :-)
Okay --- it's 11:15 pm. Time to hit the hay and get some shut eye for the long day tomorrow. (after I play a couple scrabble moves.....)
Cheerio!
I hear ya about alarms! I hate them too, I used to arm and unarm the one at work quite a bit - always made me very nervous every time. They definitely need to make them easier to push the buttons!
ReplyDeleteUgh, makes me so annoyed when people take articles so personally.... you aren't posting it as if to say this is the ONLY way you think things should be done, you're just providing people with up-to-date information so that they aren't ignorant in their decision-making. So many people will just take their dr's words as gold. Dr's are GREAT but they can't know everything! :) I always appreciate your articles, so PLEASE don't stop posting them!
ReplyDeleteThanks Lynette. :-)
ReplyDelete