Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some updates.

Well, that was appalling. My last blog post on August 25? And here it is, September 7th. Yikes. And so much has happened since then!
Well, then a few items of interest to catch up on I think.

So, as some of you may know, the congregation I belong to is almost done building our new church building! It's VERY exciting after 18 months of construction, and previous to that, 15 years of renting. And for me? A very exciting moment was the delivery of our new 6 ft Hailun Grand piano for the auditorium. Wonderful. We will be worshiping in this new building this coming Sunday! Here are a couple pics from that wonderful event!




Then there was the blessed event of Petra's baptism!! It was a beautiful service (I got to play piano that afternoon!), and Petra was well behaved. We enjoyed a hectic BBQ dinner with both sides of the family at my parents place afterwards. ( I say hectic because the church service started at 4:30, so dinner wasn't being eaten until well after 7 pm!). It all went well (after the undercooked burgers got re-done!) ..... hee hee




And then there was the back to school fun today!! Of course, there are no photos of Alanna ...definitely taboo for highschool. (although I'll snag one of her tomorrow with the kids I think!). And while there are photos of Danielle and Ethan in their classrooms, there are none of Braden. I mean really, he's in grade 7!! :-)






After the school assemblies today I had a wonderful brunch with other moms of kids who are now in school fulltime. Definitely a tradition to be kept up! :-) Then it was off to do a big grocery shop, and then home to cook up a frenzy. It was productive. Made tonight's meal, something for tomorrow night (since I'm working tomorrow), and 3 freezer meals! Woot! After supper was cleaned up and kids were organized, Martin and I headed out to the church to help do a final clean. Very exciting to see a great turnout from young to old to help with the final cleanup. Lots got done from bathrooms, to cleaning windows, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning baseboards etc .... in every part of the church (except the nurseries). It was definitely satisfying. Great evening ....but now I'm pooped. Time to turn in and prepare for a new day.

But before that, how about a beautiful photo of my beautiful niece:

6 comments:

  1. well, maybe not. Tried doing another blog post, and it still won't let me upload photos. Another day perhaps!
    Any blogger users out there ....have you had this before? Any ideas what's going on???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind, figured it out. But I don't like how blogger uploads photos. Still haven't figured out how to make them line up properly and in the order I want them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whirlwind of activity! This time of year is busy for moms of school kids, I guess... oh the fun that awaits me! ;) The church looks beautiful - I cannot wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post Nic! I love the pics of the church! I sure cant wait to see it the next time i come down! I am sure you cant wait to worship in there, especially to better times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeek those pictures of the church made me so excited for sunday :) Will be so nice to get in there! - michelle

    ReplyDelete