So, as most of you are aware - there is a direct family member of mine (who shall remain anonymous!) :-), who has been officially diagnosed with ADHD. No shame in that!
However, there are the rest of us. And some of us probably SHOULD be diagnosed. No names there either ...... hee hee Okay, I think I might have some parts of ADD. Just get a load of this:
On the way home tonight from teaching, I was listening to Focus on the Family. They had some lady on there who was sharing her thoughts about evangelism. It caught my attention right away because in church recently, whether it was through sermons or during a congregational meeting - the topic has been "evangelism". Can Ref churches are not known for their evangelistic nature, although many are trying to change that. I've really been challenged by the command to share my faith and to be bold about it. It's been very encouraging and exciting to see what our local church is being given opportunities for ......... anyways I digress. :-)
So, I'm listening to this great talk. She's got my enraptured. UNTIL --- she said the words "bibbidi bobbidi boo". Now, she was referring to how quickly or not quickly the Lord acts, and people react. But she used those words. Now keep in mind ... I was enraptured with her speech. UNTIL she said those words. CHOIR MEMBERS: you'll get this!!!
All of a sudden I'm singing " put em together and what have you got? Bibbidi bobbidi bibbidi bobbidi bibbidi bobbidi booooooo ....." then I'm humming the bars between that song and the next one which was Chim Chiminey from Mary Poppins, and before you know it I'm singing "Chim chimminey chim chimminey chim chim cheree, a sweep is as lucky ......" and going into "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and wondering if it would be appropriate to re-do this song for the next concert ......
And then I caught myself ........the SPEECH LADY!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment