Below are the pics of the recital itself:
Yes, I'm definitely "proud" (I use that term loosely Aldergrove bible study ladies!) ....of their effort! Alanna played a grade 3 piece "Musette in D Major" by Bach, and as well, she played a piece that she composed with 2 friends. One of those friends actually came that evening, and sang the song with her. They titled it "Set Me Free". Very impressed that those girls actually went through with it! She played both pieces by memory.
Danielle played three pieces, and also played them all by memory. She is almost finished the beginners series, and soon will be moving on to the Introductory book of the Celebration series (formerly known as the Royal Conservatory).
My 4 students - J, E and L (nieces) and R (friend's daughter) all had lessons from the beginning of January onwards. So, a little less time than everyone else. And yet, they all did well! The two youngest did it all from memory (R and L) ....and the other two needed their books for 1 piece each. Over all, I'm "proud" of what they accomplished!
And yes, to be truthful, I am glad we're done with piano. I've been giving lessons for about 4-5 years now? Can't quite remember. It's definitely not my passion. I LOVE playing, I love music, I love to sing, I love to direct choir, but I definitely don't love teaching piano. Not sure why. I will not be continuing on in the fall because my new job just won't allow for it. But I do hope that each of my students can carry on with someone else and take their musical talent a bit further!
Here's a couple video of my daughters playing:
(excuse the first video of danielle .... Nick V behind me was whispering "don't hold the camera that way, it won't look good on the screen!" ...so I slowly turned it) :-)
Oh dear- I hope teaching Robyn wasn't the reason you decided to quit!! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's really neat that Alanna and her friends composed that song- it was very nice!
Way to go Alanna and Danielle!! They did such a good job!! DO you have the video clip of the one alanna and her friend did? Would love to see that one!
ReplyDeleteMaria
great stuff! That's pretty neat that they did it by memorization too!
ReplyDeleteOh don't worry Lisa!! Robyn was NOT the reason! She was a pleasure to teach. It's just a timing thing. :-)
ReplyDelete