It's been a busy few days again, but I have a few moments this Monday evening to just sit down and blog a bit.
Of course, the biggest thing was the birth I attended late last week. But I won't blog about the birth, until I've written the birth story down for the Mom and Dad. So you'll have to wait for an amazing birth story! And it was truly an amazing story. And it was just so providential how things worked out timing - wise. I had to work Tuesday all day, teach that evening, work Wednesday morning, go to a piano recital Wednesday evening, work all day Thursday .......and finally, thursday night, she went into labour, having her baby early Friday morning (like 1 am!) - freeing me to do the errands I needed to do on Friday! So far, I've attended over 40 births, and the timing has always worked out. So, I have two or three more births coming up this year, and I'm praying that God will nicely work things out as He always has in the past!
Work went well last week. I'm enjoying the challenge, and feel that it's working out well for all of us. I asked the kids last week how they felt things were going, and how they were with me working a few days a week, and all of them were positive about it.
Today I had Alanna make spaghetti sauce - and it went well! Of course, it helped that the beef was already cooked up. :-) But still, small steps are good I think!
Hard to believe that it's the last week of school already. Alanna writes two final exams tomorrow - Socials and Math, and then she's completed her first year of highschool! Hard to believe -- I know, I say that alot. But it IS hard to believe!
But then again ......Martin and I will be attending his 20th year Highschool reunion next weekend! 20 YEARS! Yikes. That means, I've been out of HS for 19 years. Out longer than I was in. Now I feel old.
I miss my parents. Seems silly, but I'll admit it. When you're used to having them live 5 minutes away, when you're used to just popping by for a minute, or picking up the phone and sharing some news, then when they're on the other side of the country for an extended period of time, missing them seems ....normal! They've been gone since the end of April. They are having a grand old time in the Maritimes right now and I'm very happy for them! But -- I still miss them. :-)
I'm a sucker for advertising. As I sit here on my couch blogging, the TV is on ....and there's some McDonalds commercial. Guess what I want? A cheeseburger. Okay - moving on .....
I had to take Braden and Danielle in to the doc's today --- their allergies are really acting up. I was running out of eye drops and nose inhalers ........ and yikes - the bill! $75 for two meds! Highway robbery. Hopefully we'll get some of that back. Anyone else having a tough time with allergies this season? I mentioned that sometimes Ethan has a dry cough, and wondered if that was allergies too. Dr H thought it likely was as allergies are genetic. That irks me a bit ... Martin doesn't have allergies, and I only just recently as an adult got some type of hayfever allergies, but even then, it's not consistent. So where did the kids get their allergies from? The culprits have to be my siblings Leona and James! Thanks guys! :-) (just kidding).
Anyways - hopefully I'll have a birth story to blog soon ..........'till then! Adios!
I'm glad to hear that the kids are reacting positive to your new work...of course they are...they are great kids! :) I remember when we were young one of my chores was to make the spaghetti sauce when I got home from school every (thursday?). mom had it all out ready for me to do. before you know it alanna will be learning new recipe's! :)
ReplyDeleteI miss mom and dad too :(
Ya, sorry about passing on those allergy genes...not something I'd choose to pass on...after all...there are a lot of fabulous other genes of mine to pass on! ha ha!! HOwever, at least I can sympathize with Braden and Danielle...and I've been affected quite abit lately. not fun. i've been feeling drained and cloudy in the head...it's like having a sinus cold...remember that when they are looking like crap and laying on the couch not wanting to do anything ;)
hmm, a cheeseburger does sound good...:P
My allergies have been BRUTAL this year! And I have no idea why... perhaps having no winter made all the plants confused and they are all pollinating at the same time, or later or earlier than usual?
ReplyDeleteSo do you have something worked out with your job if one of your clients goes into labour while you are supposed to be working?
Nasal rinses have worked great in our house of many allergy sufferers. Costs abit but the packages are cheaper in the states :) and like the saying goes "An of prevention is a pound of cure" - costs less in the long run!!
ReplyDeleteOooh I anticipate the birth story! I'm glad the timing worked out well for you... something to be thankful for indeed! I can TOTALLY relate to missing your parents when they're gone. I have the same thing. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's so great that your new job is going so well, and that your family is adjusting nicely to it. Way to go for Alanna making spaghetti sauce! I'm sure it makes her feel great to help out, and learning to cook is never a bad thing ;-)
ReplyDeleteI look forward to reading the birth story!
Happy to hear that everything seems to be working out smoothly from the working hours to the providential timing of your client's labor. Wes is also attending his 20th High School Reunion (at the end of July)....it does go FAST, hey?
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to the birth story!!
See you next Friday at the reunion Nicole :) !
ReplyDelete