Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The best guy ever!

Today is Martin's 38th Birthday ... and I just want to send a shout out for an amazing man!
He has accomplished alot in the years that we've been married (almost 14 1/2!), and done so despite physical adversity. He has provided for his family, been THE best husband I could ever ask for, and continues to be a "totally there" Dad to the kids entrusted to us by our Heavenly Father. I'm so proud of him and all that he continues to do. He's a well respected and well liked teacher at CCHS, and he loves his work ---- more than he ever has in his life. He is becoming a published author! (some of you know this already ....) Martin's book "How to Fake Romance when the love is real" has been picked up by a publishing company related to Chapters and will be distributed worldwide. His book is even going to be edited by top of the line editors from Simon and Schulster in New York! So exciting!!!
Martin has always encouraged me to pursue my interests as well ....never griping or complaining when I leave him to do dinner and cleanup and bedtime with the kids so I can teach prenatal classes--- and giving me the space to do things I enjoy like choir, coffee out with friends and so much more.
God has blessed me tremendously with this man and for that I give thanks!!

We celebrated his birthday at Dave and Leona's (with my family), along with my parents 38th wedding anniversary, and SIL Michelle's 25th birthday.
Then today, we spoiled him a bit, and went out for a Chinese buffet dinner. YUM. (I love it when I don't have to cook!). A treat on a Tuesday .... how cool is that!
Thanks for reading! Here are a few pics of the most awesome hubby and father in the world:




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on hubby's b-day still! Ya, he's an incredible brother in law too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday to Martin! so exciting for him about his book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your hubbie's birthday. So pleased to see your happiness together - such a blessing to cherish!!

    ReplyDelete