This first photo is something I'm proud of. Way back in the early spring, Danielle brought home a sunflower seed in a plastic cup. In some dirt with nothing to show. She insisted we put it on the kitchen windowsill. Slowly but surely it started to grow. We transplanted it to a small pot. Then later we needed to transplant it to a bigger pot. We moved it outside. She reminded me to water it, and then took up the watering itself. And at the end of the summer, she was rewarded with a beautiful sunflower bigger than her! I'm impressed that she kept up the diligent care of the plant herself.
Alanna's birthday came and went with a lot of fanfare this year. She got a birthday party with friends, and we had my parents over for a very special steak and salmon dinner. Here are a couple photos from then:
Fast forward to October. As mentioned in a previous post, I spent my birthday at the Women's retreat at the Chehalis Healing house in Agassiz. Beautiful place, and a wonderful weekend there!!
Here's some scenery and the place we stayed in:
And of course, a couple photos of my wonderful friends ---- unfortunately, we aren't "complete", as we're missing Andria and Caroline who couldn't be there this year. But the first photo is of us 5 girlfriends, and the second photo is one of us "suite mates"! (ie - slumber party pals!)
Then of course, I got to celebrate my birthday with my own family! :-) It felt like a longer celebration this way I think. Maybe another retreat will be booked over my birthday?
Thanksgiving.
I did a blog about being Thankful and things I like or am thankful for. But pictures are always a great way to celebrate thankfulness. And family? That's HIGH on my list of thankfulness! Let me share some photos from Thanksgiving Day dinner with my family. I tell ya, my Mom goes ALL OUT. Best china, silverware, beautiful decorations, stemware, and ..... well, this time, Alanna (and I) made the place cards for the settings. I think we did a great job! We all had to tell Alanna one thing we were thankful for, which got inserted inside our place card, and then during dessert, we each read someone else's card.
Here's Alanna working hard on the placecards:
And here are some photos of the beautiful table Mom set: (and yes, that would be James .....)
And of course, here we are at the table together. We were happy to include my Uncle Bill and Aunt Maria from Calgary, but once again, felt the non-presence of Neil, Laura, Shane, Maria and Ryan.
The kids also got a "nicely" set table ...decorated, and with candles even!!
Us three girls.....
Even Bailey got to join in! (much to Mom's chagrin). Of course, Martin should be blamed every time ...since he's the one she gets the food from every single time!
And of course, enjoying some time with beautiful baby Petra! That always makes my day. Such a cutie patootie! Melts my heart .... :-)
And finally, Kaitlyn is not to be outdone by her cute little cousin. She takes on her own "cuteness". This time, she decided her icecream would work well as a facial mask. Check it out!
So that ends my photo catch up.
This past weekend has been insanely busy. Well, the last week was insanely busy. While trying to keep up with normal activities of life, home and work, I was also heavily involved in all the last minute details and prep for the official opening of our new church building in Aldergrove. I spent ALOT of hours helping Martin prepare two powerpoint presentations for the Open House and the evening Dedication service. I had to still teach a class, interview participants for the Postpartum group, do a final choir practice .........argh!
But Saturday's events were wonderful to witness.
I didn't actually get to be at the Open House. I had already signed up for a Perinatal Education Day at Douglas College before this date was set. So ...early in the morning I headed off to Coquitlam with my friend Anne for the conference, but ducked out 1.5 hours early to get back home in time. I popped in at the church at the tail end of the Open House and heard it was a great success! Then I went home, picked up Martin and the kids, and we headed back to the Church for a Fellowship Meal with the congregation and for the Dedication Evening.
All in all it was a successful, wonderful celebration ...hopefully God-glorifying!
This topic deserves a post on its own, and so does what I learned at the Perinatal Ed Day ...hopefully soon!! :-)
However, I am feeling incredibly worn out and drained as of late. I'm always tired, and starting to experience other symptoms like slight dizziness, heart palpitations and sometimes shortness of breath. I'm actually wondering if I'm low in hemoglobin right now ... either that or I've got some anxiety going on. Hopefully these symptoms will reduce now that the Official opening is done. I'll monitor it.
And if it's just 'cause I'm busy? Well, too bad. Life goes on! And in under two weeks I'm JETTING out of here to Edmonton for a 4 day weekend to celebrate Neil's graduation from the Edmonton Police Academy! Rock on! I get to fly on an AIRPLANE!! To Edmonton!! WOOT!!!! Okay, I know - it's totally PATHETIC that I can get so excited about flying to Edmonton. But hey - I'll take what I can get!!
Till next time ... Adios!
Thanks so much for sharing some of your pictures! Mom sure does make a table look amazing! I can't wait to be their for the christmas dinner! :) And I cant wait to see you also in Edmonton!! YA!!! Oh and tell Danielle her sunflower looks great! it is my favorite flower still!:) Maria
ReplyDelete